If all family members have mobile connection from one mobile operator only then they can save a lot on their expenses on telecom bills. Some operators offers CUG plans for a low monthly fee by which they can make unlimited free calls among them but calling out of this CUG and to other network costs more.
Idea, Reliance Communications (RCOM) and Vodafone have some post paid plans which comes with bundled free benefits in the form of voice minutes, number of SMS and data in GBs with a facility to share these freebies among members of plans. This concept of sharing of plan came from USA where almost all carriers offers shareable plan.
So let us see what these shareable plans of Idea, RCOM and Vodafone offers.
RCOM’s All Share postpaid plans
Reliance has one shareable postpaid plan at monthly rental of Rs. 1497 and all the freebies of this plan can be shared among 3 users. Additional members (up to total of 9) may also be added for a monthly fee of Rs 499 and in exchange of this fee, RCOM add some more freebies to share
Below is the detail of All Share Postpaid plan
As per above details, for a family of four members total monthly bill would be Rs 1497+499= Rs 1996 and for this amount all members have 3000+1000= 4000 minutes, 3000+1000= 4000 SMS and 3GB+1GB= 4GB data to share among them.
Reliance All share plan is available across India for all postpaid subscribers whether on GSM or CDMA .
Idea Easy Share postpaid plans
Idea has two shareable plans dubbed as “Easy Share” for monthly rental of Rs 900 and Rs 1400. Easy share postpaid plan also offers bundled freebies of Data, Voice & SMS to share. The plan is meant for one user but additional members can be added for a monthly fee of Rs 99. Maximum 9 members can be added to one Easy Share plan.
Easy plan is available in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh West.
See the details of both Easy Share plans
As per above details, for a family of four members total monthly bill would be Rs 1400+3×99= Rs 1697 if they opt for 10GB plan. For this much monthly rental, all members have 1500 minutes, 750 SMS and 10GB data to share among them.
Idea has also introduced Easy share plan for prepaid customers also for which the operator has brought five donor packs priced at Rs 158, Rs 258, Rs 458, Rs 658 and Rs 958.
These donor packs has bundled benefits of voice, sms and data as shown below
- Rs 158 Pack: 110 Local/ National minutes, 110 Local/National SMS and 250MB 3G Data, validity 15 days
- Rs 258 Pack: 250 Local/ National minutes, 250 Local/National SMS and 500MB 3G Data, validity 30 days
- Rs 458 Pack: 450 Local/ National minutes, 500 Local/National SMS and 1GB 3G Data, validity 30 days
- Rs 658 Pack: 700 Local/ National minutes, 750 Local/National SMS and 1.5GB 3G Data, validity 30 days
- Rs 958 Pack: 1000 Local/ National minutes, 1000 Local/National SMS and 3GB 3G Data, validity 30 days
To avail these donor packs benefits, first customer have to recharge with one of the above donor pack and then customer need to dial *121*121# to share minutes, SMS and Data. A service charge of Rs 1 – Rs 3 will be charged depending on quantity of benefit shared.
Vodafone Red postpaid plans.
Vodafone has five shareable plans for monthly rentals of Rs 499, Rs 899, Rs 1299, Rs 1599 and Rs 1999. Vodafone allows to add maximum 6 members in a group, one primary and 5 secondary members. All members must be on Vodafone Red plans in any combination i.e. two may opt for Rs 499 plan, three may go for Rs 899 plan and one may opt for Rs 1299 plan. All members in a group can then share the all the benefits of all their Red Plans among them.
The details of Vodafone Red plans are given below
- Monthly Rental Rs 499 RED: 1000 free Local/STD minutes, 500 Local/National SMS and 500MB data
- Monthly Rental Rs 899 RED: 2000 free Local/STD minutes, 1000 Local/National SMS and 2GB data
- Monthly Rental Rs 1299 RED: 4000 free Local/STD minutes, 1500 Local/National SMS and 3GB data
- Monthly Rental Rs 1599 RED: 6000 free Local/STD minutes, 2000 Local/National SMS and 5GB data
- Monthly Rental Rs 1999 RED: 8000 free Local/STD minutes, 2500 Local/National SMS and 8GB data
If in a group, all members go for Rs 499 plan then they all have total 4000 minutes, 2000 SMS and 2GB data.
Based on the details given above, now you can see yourself, which operator is giving more benefits for your money. It is clear that RCOM is giving more voice call minutes while Idea is giving more data to share. You can decide as per your need.