Verizon Wireless, USA, has set October 16, 2014 for introducing a new low budget $20 plan offering 500MB high speed data and to lower the monthly payout for it Edge customer, the period is going to be increased from 20 months to 24 months. Many other changes in Edge and More everything plans are expected as below.
Expected changes in MORE Everything Plans:
- A New $20 plan with offering of 500MB Data, unlimited talk and text will be introduced. Overage charges will be $15/250MB. eligible for Edge discount
- Price of existing 1GB plan is going to hike from $40 to $60. The plan will come with unlimited talk and text with $15/500MB overage charges. The customer can avail $15 Edge discount
- Price of existing 2GB plan is going to hike from $50 to $75 and this plan also eligible for $15 Edge discount.
Expected changes in Verizon EDGE program:
- Number of monthly installment is going to increase from 20 months to 24 months, resulting lowering your monthly payout for device.
- Customers now need to pay more to upgrade their current phone, from existing 60% to 75% value of the phone or customers can upgrade after 18 months (currently it is 12 months only), which ends up automatically 75% of the value of phone.
- Edge discount is going to increase from $10 to $15 per line on 500MB to 8GB plans but there is not change on higher plans, customers on 8GB and above plan will continue receive $25 Edge discount
Keep on visiting this place for update on actual announcement by the carrier
Category: World Telecom