Samsung has finally rolled out the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean upgrade for Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0 tablet which is also known as GT-P3110. A user in France has reported to have received the update as of now and it is reported that the software version is P3110XXCLK5, you may check it by clicking here.
If you’re in France and have a WiFi Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, you can manually check for the update by going into your settings menu an clicking “About phone”, then “System updates”. The update is also available via Samsung Kies.
However, the update has been been made available only for devices with just the Wi-Fi connectivity and not for the 3G connectivity variants. Other variants of the tablet are expected to get the same Jelly Bean OS in days to come.
The lucky guys who has Wi-fi version of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 can check the pre-Requisites for Jelly bean as follows.
- Install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data
- Ensure battery carries above 80 percent charge
- Ensure tablet is factory unlocked
Install Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 as following steps.
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 (Jelly Bean) firmware to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch off the tablet and re-start in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Up and Power buttons until warning message appears and then press Volume Down to continue)
- Start Odin on computer
- Connect tablet to computer with USB cable (a successful connection with Odin is indicated with a message box reading Added in bottom left box and COM port with number against yellow background)
- Select these files in the order mentioned
- Click PDA and select Code
- Click Tablet and select Modem
- Click CSC and select CSC
- Click PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
- Start installation in Odin
- After installation, a message box reading Pass (against green background) will appear. The device will automatically reboot. Disconnect device only after Samsung logo appears on reboot
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) is now running Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 (Jelly Bean) official firmware. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Tablet.
So Enjoy the Jelly Bean….
The WiFi version of Galaxy Tablet is also available in India and is known as 3100. So users in India should check their devices for the upgrade. The upgrade is being rolled out both over the air (OTA) and via the Samsung Kies desktop software as well.