USA: RingPlus Mobile, the MVNO of Sprint Mobile is shacking mobile industry in the US by offering free plans. It comes out with promotional plans very frequently and the recent promotional plan had been launched on the occasion of New Year that is available up to January 5. 2016.
The RingPlus offers two new free promotional plans dubbed as Goya and Dali.
The customers registering for Goya plan have to register on the RingPlus’s website with their credit card details which will deduct $20 plus taxes ( taxes varies from 8% to 34%, depending upon your location) and this plan offers 1750 minutes, 1750 texts messages and 1750MB data for free to use within one month. The amount $20 may be used cover overages i.e. for additional minutes, text or data within that one month period.
The Dali free plan has same free allowances as Goya free plan, with additional tethering (HotSpot) for $5 per month.
Now the question is how RingPlus mobile able to offer free plan? actually Ring Plus generates its revenue through advertisers, music, and alternative revenue streams rather than price gouging its members. RingPlus plays music, news, deals, surveys, and other audio during ringback tone space. People listens these audio clips and spend thousands of hours per week during waiting time before pick up the phone. By this way RingPlus gets revenue and they pass a fraction of it to the customers in the form of low cost mobile plans
RingPlus has also launched many other following plans
- Picasso Paid Plan for $19.99/per month for new activations and it offers unlimited minutes and texts and 2 GB of data per month. No top-up required.
- Rembrandt Paid Plan for tablet for $19.99/per month which offers 2GB of data per month. No top-up required
- All Port-ins to RingPlus are free
- Ports from Verizon to a RingPlus paid plan get a free $100 top-up and 2016 MB of data which can be used within first 3 months for free. RingPlus will also match your initial top-up (up to $300).
- Ports from AT&T to a RingPlus paid plan get a free $50 top-up and 2016 MB of data which can be used within first 3 months for free. RingPlus will also match your initial top-up (up to $200).
- Ports from T-Mobile or Ting or any other multi-carrier Sprint MVNO to a RingPlus paid plan will get a free $25 top-up and 2016 MB of data which can be used within first 3 months for free. RingPlus will also match your initial top-up (up to $100).
- Loaner phones: Borrow a refurbished HTC Desire 510 or Apple iPhone 4 8GB. A security deposit of $75 is required which will be refunded if the phone is returned in good condition.
For more info: RingPlus Forum
Category: World Telecom