Many mobile operators offers 3G data cards at reduced price bundled with some more freebies like free download up to a certain limits. Mostly mobile operator offers reduced price which is the lowest price of 3G data cards available in the market. They brings such type of schemes to promote their services as well as to add new customers in their network.
Some of us may not be satisfied with the services of mobile operator or their tariffs are not as competitive as compared to other mobile operators so in such case we must get rid of present mobile operator and should subscribe services of best mobile operator in the market but to use your existing 3G data card (dongle) with new operator, you have to unlock it otherwise your new SIM of new mobile operator will not work in your data card. Teracom 3G data cards are being used by most of the mobile operator so we look here for procedure of Teracom 3G data card.
To unlock the Teracom 3G data card, follow the following steps.
- Install your BSNL/MTNL data card (dongle), Teracom make, and check its working with BSNL SIM.
- Now search regedit and press enter key
- Another window will open and will show you HKEY folders
- Now open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by double click it.
- Now double click the SOFTWARE folder.
- Now select Teracom3G folder and double click it. (in old models you have to select linktop3g folder)
- Now select S306MD folder and double click it.
- This will open three files in right pane.
- Select ENGINEER file and double click it
- Change the value data from 1 to 0 (zero) and then click OK.
- Restart your PC and that’s all
Your Teracom 3G Data card is now unlocked and ready to use with any other SIM of any mobile operator.
To use the 3G data card with new SIM, don’t forget to set APN of your new mobile operator in Connection menu under Settings of yours 3G data card menu bar. You can get the APN of your new mobile operator by calling its callcenter.
So now unlock your 3G data card and enjoy services and tariffs of new mobile operator.
About the Author (Author Profile)
I have always been a fan of writing and love to share information on latest technologies, mobiles, gadgets and social media. Sharing and acquiring knowledge is a boon, do let’s share as well as acquire it. I am very much fond of Coffee.