[UPDATE 2-9-2014] BSNL have finally launched its most awaited new Centralize Value added services Provisioning System Cum Consent Gateway (CVPS cum CG) for its all customer to get rid off forced activation
BSNL has signed agreement with VAS service providers M/s Pyro and M/s Netxcell for deploying Centralize Value added services Provisioning System Cum Consent Gateway (CVPS cum CG) to get rid of forced VAS activations.
BSNL Customers would be able to use CVPS cum CG platform on SMS/ USSD/ IVR and for that Short code 57171 has been allotted for SMS and IVR Systems while short code 777 has been allotted for USSD.
Following are the features of CVPS cum CG
- CVPS cum CG is a easy opt-in and easy opt-out customer friendly tool to BSNL subscribers that shall be capable to handle requests for subscription, renewal and deactivation of VAS as well as all Pull based VAS services of BSNL.
- Obtaining 2nd consent from the customers.
- Obtaining explicit consent of customers before enforcing any charges against the services which may be initially free for some period.
- Customer requests are to be captured using short code (may be multiple short codes, each for different VASP) for SMS or USSD or IVRS or by browsing WEB/ WAP.
- Complete record of all requests with that of 2nd consent will have to be preserved for a period of one year.
- Customer shall be informed well in advance, from the due date for renewal of any such service along with the charges for renewal through SMS. Clear options shall be provided to the customer on how to opt out of the renewals.
- Charging of VAS by the billing system (Prepaid as well as Post-paid) through Service Deliver Platform (SOP).
So with implementation of this new system, BSNL customers may get relief of forced activation because until and unless they will give consent two times, VAS can’t be activated on their phones.
If at present you want to get rid of forced activation of VAS, you may follow the steps as detailed, click here
Category: How to