To keep in touch with their near and dear ones, they need mobile phone services but if they use their phone of their home country, then roaming charges would be very high. If a visitor wants to choose to use mobile services of Spain’s local mobile service provider then the language problems comes. Even the websites of most of the mobile operators are in Spanish language only but thanks to Google translator, we can get it translated to English language.
Let us see, which mobile service provider offers best plan for you.
Recently Vodafone, the second largest mobile service provider of Spain launched a promotional offer to attract more customers for a limited period starting 1 February to 31 March, 2016 during which all new and existing Vodafone customers will get double data on their plan.
Vodafone has following Yu plans with current offerings
- 1GB data, 20 min talk time and 20 SMS for 10 € / 4 weeks
- 1.5 GB data, 50 min talk time and 50 SMS for 15 € / 4 weeks
- 2GB data, 100 min talk time and unlimited SMS for 20 € / 4 weeks
So during the period 1 February to 31 March, all customers will get following freebies
- 2GB data, 20 min talk time and 20 SMS for 10 € / 4 weeks
- 3 GB data, 50 min talk time and 50 SMS for 15 € / 4 weeks
- 4GB data, 100 min talk time and unlimited SMS for 20 € / 4 weeks
The above offers looks attractive but let us see how this double data offer of Vodafone is better than other three major mobile operators of Spain.
Spain’s largest mobile service provider is Movistar which has following 7 plans
- 1 GB data, 30 min talk time for 7 € /month
- 1 GB data, unlimited talk time for 12 € /month
- 2 GB data, unlimited talk time for 18 € /month
- Vive 13 offering 1.5 GB data, 0 min talk time, first 10 SMS at the rate of 20 cent per SMS and then unlimited SMS for 13 € /month
- Vive 26 offering 2 GB data, 200 min talk time, first 10 SMS at the rate of 20 cent per SMS and then unlimited SMS for 26 € /month
- Vive 34 offering 3 GB data, unlimited talk time and SMS for 34 € /month
- Vive 45 offering 5.5 GB data, unlimited talk time and SMS for 45 € /month
The Movistar is also offering 3GB data extra on all the above four Vive plans if a customer sign up up to 31 January. This free 3GB data may be used up to 17 May
Even if the customer needs more data to use, they can add 500MB to 5GB of data at following rates.
- 500MB for 6 € /month
- 1GB for 10 € /month
- 3GB for 20 € /month
- 5GB for 30 € /month
The third largest mobile service provider is Orange which has two plans offering 1GB and 1.6 GB data, currently Orange is offering 50% more data if a customer sign up online and this offer is valid up to 31 January so currently Orange customers are getting as followings
- 2.4 GB data, 30 min talk time for 12’95 € /month
- 1.5 GB data, 0 min talk time for 8’95 € /month
In both plans SMS are charged 12 cents per sms
The fourth mobile service provider is Yougi which also has two plans for 8 € / month and 10 € /month offerings 650MB and 1GB data respectively. The 8 € / month plan offer no free calls while plan 10 € / month offers 20 min free talk time. Additional voice calls are charged at the rate of 1 cent/min in both plans.
It is clear from above information that if a customer needs at least 2GB of data then Vodafone charges 20 € but after 31 January, customer can buy it for just 10 €. Movistar’s 1.5GB plan adds 4.5GB data which cost you right now just 13 € up to 31 January. Orange offers 2.4GB for approx 13 € and Yougi’s 2GB data plan costs 20 € so it is clear that Movistar’s plan gives you best value of your money.
Category: Data Usage