Samsung Gear S, a new wearable Smartwatch from Samsung is finally landing on all four major carriers this fall in US. The Samsung Gear S differs from other wearables in that you can make/receive phone calls and messages through SIM card, inserted in the Smartwatch.
Samsung released a press-release in this regard and T-Mobile has confirmed it immediately but has not revealed its pricing as well as plans to connect it to cellular network. T-Mobile further said that Gear S will be available for purchase on its Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). So relax, you may get this smartwatch for just a few dollar only. Other carriers AT&T, Verizon and Sprint may announce their plans shortly.
Just to remind, technical specs of Gear S are reproduced here.
- Display: 2-inch curved Super AMOLED screen with resolution of 480×360 pixels
- CPU:1GHz dual-core processor under the (tiny) hood,
- OS: Tizen-based wearable platform
- Storage: in-built 4GB without memory card slot
- RAM: 512MB
- Battery: 300mAh for two days of run time.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1 and also support 3G so you may answer a call or respond to a text message from your wrist without having your phone. SIM card slot is underside of the smartwatch.
- Other features : S Voice for voice commands, a speakerphone for making and receiving calls, a home button, and heart rate monitor but it doesn’t have camera.